I never require parents to being any outfits to their newborn session. I have plenty of outfits, wraps and the essentials for a great newborn session. Newborns are best photographed in simple outfits. Therefore I provide plenty of appropriate newborn outfits, wraps and the essentials for a great newborn session. That being said, as a new parent it can be so exciting to look for an outfit for your new addition!
Mom told me about a beautiful lace romper she had purchased. I was looking forward to seeing it because it was the perfect outfit for her! Not only do I love how it looks like it was made just for her but it was clear how comfortable she was in it as well.
Is it obvious with her ballerina inspired romper that her mom was and still is a dancer? Check out Outlet Dance Company in Elk Grove or ‘Like’ them on facebook.
I have a feeling that growing up attending dance shows and watching some practices and rehearsals, this little lady will naturally be drawn to the art of dance. I love tutus so hopefully I am right and we can talk her mom into a few for a future birthday session.
Rose is a beautiful name as is… but it’s beauty runs a little deeper when it is the name of your great grandma and also your moms middle name. Also, look close below for a sweet tribute to great grandma on her moms arm.
My apologies to Dad!
Mom and Baby have been taking up most of this post. However when you have two gorgeous ladies in your life it will happen from time to time. He has a few nieces, nephews and cousins have been photographed in my studio a few times and I am scheduled to see the family more this year. Maybe we will get a cousins portrait in the studio one year!
Newborn session prep work is worth it!
Mom and Dad did a great job prepping for the newborn session. I am sure the list of do’s and don’ts seems a little exhausting for new parents. However the tips and tricks really help to make a successful newborn portrait session for baby as well as allow mom and dad to enjoy the time too. Baby Rose slept so sound and relaxed allowing us to complete this session in 1.5 hours. Here are a few more of my favorites below, she even gave us a sweet smile!
Do you live in Mount Prospect? Looking for a newborn photographer? Keep reading to find out how to reach me and some nursery design tips!
Looking for a newborn photographer?
I would love to meet you! Do live in Mount Prospect or the surrounding area and are looking for a newborn photographer? Call 847-858-7050 to set up a meeting or consultation or email email@example.com
Heirloom artwork is the best part!
Click here to read more and find out how they chose to display their first family portraits.
Does hanging newborn artwork seem intimidating?
Click here to download your own FREE nursery inspire guide and get some tips and tricks to put artwork in your own home!
The end result is really the best part of any newborn session. The options are endless and therefore customizable to your home and space. It was hard to decide which images they want to look at every day because all of them we so adorable! But in the end, this was the winning design.
We discussed that the two bookending images can be removed at a later date and placed on easels or on picture shelves as Baby R grows and more portraits and artwork arrive in the home.
If you are looking for inspiration for your own nursery or home, scroll down for your free nursery design guide.
Read more about Baby R’s newborn portrait session here.
Looking for a newborn photographer in or around the Mt Prospect area? Send an email to Kelly@kellyfitzgeraldstudio.com today or call 847-858-7050.
This is Central Park. It is a small park near the center of Des Plaines. Although surrounded by condos there is an adorable circle path flooded with flowers during the summer and into the early fall. When I photograph just right, the viewer will have no idea that people, condos and cars are surrounding us. Kids love the cute path and parents love that it is easy to get to. This is a popular place for high school kids to take photos before dances. I have seen this place flooded with kids and parents. After being one those parents last year I realized that this is a great mini session location! The first round of mini sessions for fall 2018 took place here and Ela and her daughter jumped in for one.
Ela might look familiar…
You may recognize Ela, she is a fellow photographer, the baby whisperer here at the studio and my assistant for some other studio sessions. Her daughter, like many, does not photograph well for her mother…. Or does her mother not do well with her daughter as the subject? It might be a combination of both.
A great use of a Central Park Mini Sesssion
In the past Ela has claimed a mini session for just her and her daughter which I think is a fantastic use of a mini session. They followed the clothing suggestions, arrived a little early, played some games with me and spent some quality time together. And after they went out for some food. This sounds like a great early evening activity to me and a fabulous memory!
Check out Ela & Tasi last Mother / daughter mini session HERE to see how much she has grown!
Are you on the Studio Mailing list?
Are you on the mailing list? Special events and mini sessions are released there first and hardly ever make it to social media. Sign up here and also get a free wall art inspire guide!
I am very excited to share with you a special newborn booking box available this November for Cyber Monday 2018. Sign up here to get on the list AND receive a FREE newborn nursery design magazine as well as tips and tricks for taking your own hospital photos, a local resource guide, prenatal yoga and more!
Experts predict that the most photographed generation will have the least to show for it in 30 years. Many are realizing this as a major problem. Join them in bringing back the portrait and insuring that your baby’s portraits will be around for years to come.
(Shown above: 16X16 classic gallery frame with 4 matted images)
Every newborn client leaves the studio with quality artwork to last years and years. So easy for you and grandparents to show off your new arrival. This will be what your baby takes out when they have a baby. They will hold it up to their baby and see how much they look like them.
(Shown above is a 3X3 accordion book, double sided custom birth announcements and a 5X7 folio box with digital files.)
They are only tiny for so long, don’t wait until after your baby is born!
Not all parents know that booking their newborn photographer is something they should do before baby is born. This isn’t something you want to leave to the last-minute and here are a 7 good reasons not to wait to book your session.
1. Time Flies By. I know, I know… it seems like you have so much time to get everything done, but 40 weeks flies by. Parents get busy the closer to delivery. Take care of everything you can early on.
2. High Quality Newborn Portraiture is in High Demand. There are tons of people to take your pictures, but if high quality newborn portraiture is what you are looking for book early. Custom Portraiture is in high demand right now. If you wait until after your baby is born you may not have the luxury of choosing your preferred photographer and photographic style, or you may not be able to get in right away. Newborn photography isn’t something you can repeat, you want to get it right the first time.
3. Booking Early Secures Ideal Newborn Photo Time. It is ideal to get baby in before two weeks of life, although later time can be accommodated, this time is before baby acne sets in, their skin peels and while they are still very sleepy. Booking your due date means that your photographer and you have communication established and you have a spot on their calendar.
4. You have No Idea When Baby will Arrive! They may arrive early and if they do, you will be happy that you are prepared with your photographer and all you have to do is send a message that you have checked in to the hospital. You do not want to be calling around for photographers when you are in the hospital. I have seen this happen and at this point you may be disappointed in the end result of your portraits when they are rushed and not prepared for.
5. You Get to Establish a Relationship with your Photographer. This is so important! You don’t just want to take the first one you find on google or the cheapest. These photos are your baby’s first photos, this may be your baby’s first outing, newborn portraits may be your first outing after delivering. You want to make sure you are with someone you trust and someone who will understand how important this is. All of my newborn clients have already provided me with nursery photos and color schemes before delivery. I already know a little about them and baby even if we didn’t do a maternity session. They have literature and they know how to prepare for the session well before baby arrives.
6. Maternity Portraiture Add-ons. Speaking of maternity, that is another great reason to book your due date. Most photographers, like myself, offer maternity add-ons. So if you are thinking of a maternity session, think newborn too!
7. Bonus Items! Some photographers also offer early booking incentives as well, like Kelly Fitzgerald Studio, with us you get some awesome extras for booking early because we love to spoil our clients and share with them the things we love too!
Download this FREE newborn design magazine for nursery inspiration and design tips as well as tips and tricks for taking your own photos, special early booking incentives and much more!